The COVID-19 pandemic has presented many challenges for the people of Maryland, with everyone embracing different ways of living and working in the current “new normal” conditions.
At Audiology Associates, we take staff and patient safety extremely seriously. But also, we believe no person should be left without access to hearing healthcare during this critical period.
That’s why we’re immensely pleased to announce that our new curbside service is now open to patients at most of our locations.
How does it work?
Patients can access our curbside service from 10 am until 2 pm, Monday to Friday, at most of our locations.
Available to anyone with hearing aid challenges, patients won’t step into our offices as normal, but will instead be served from inside their vehicle.
This means interaction between people is extremely limited, while ensuring each person’s hearing devices gets the attention that they need.
We are following the Center for Disease Control guidelines to reduce the spread of COVID-19 – with staff wearing personal protective equipment at all times.
What to do when you arrive
When you arrive for a scheduled appointment or come to make an inquiry, please remain in your vehicle and call our office. A member of our team will then provide guidance on how to proceed.
Once we’re ready to serve you, there are a number of steps you should follow:
- Patients must wear a mask at all time and should wear gloves if possible
- If they need their hearing devices cleaned or repaired, they must put them in a clearly labeled bin, provided by our team
- Any payments will be collected via credit card or, preferably, by phone – and if patients prefer to use cash, this must be placed in envelopes provided by Audiology Associates
Once the process is complete, patients will drive away with a hearing solution, safe in the knowledge that they’ve taken the right precautions to protect themselves and our staff.
Special conditions for new-born screenings
For those who require new-born screenings, there are a number of extra steps that you should bear in mind before coming to one of our centers:
- Parents should have paperwork and insurance cards ready for inspection on arrival
- Only one parent and their child should attend their inspection, with no others present in their vehicle
- Parents must be able to transport their child via a removable car seat or stroller for testing, as babies won’t be held by Doctors of Audiology during this process
- Parents must bear in mind that outdoor environments are not ideal for testing, and they may need to make multiple visits to receive a conclusive result
- Parents should bring anything that will keep their child calm and relaxed during this process – such as pacifiers, bottles, or blankets.
How to book a Curbside Appointment
If you would like to book a curbside appointment at Audiology Associates, please contact us on (410) 944-3100, and a dedicated member of our team will help find a time that suits you at one of our locations.
We are taking every opportunity to ensure your safety and security during this current period, and we look forward to welcoming you.